Sunday, November 16, 2008

 
Space Shuttle Endeavor



This is a shot of the shuttle from Friday nights launch. It's not from my camera (I wish),but Scott found this photo online and I thought I'd share it.

We sat in our driveway with our neighbors the Latrobe's and watched the launch. The moon was bright, full and big. The sky was BLACK! All of a sudden the sky lit up and then we saw a fire flash coming up...next thing we saw was the shuttle! My pictures didn't turn out so well, but I'll share them with you all. I wish I had more time to figure out my camera for night shots and taking pictures of bright objects. I guess I need my friend Becki or cousin Kelly Z. to help me with my camera! I had the camera on night shots and the bright objects (MOON and SHUTTLE)ended up having a flare of light off the back/front of them...so just imagine the objects without the flares of light.

The sky lighting up (moon to the left with flare)


Fire coming from the shuttle (moon flare)


Shuttle was smaller looking and skinnier looking than the moon in person...



Shuttle


My favorite picture of them...the flares look like they are coming on our side of the fence



Shuttle above moon


Rocket Boosters coming off


This is after it is on it's way up...you can see to the right how DARK the sky really is.



Needless to say it was amazing in person. We really were in awe of the whole thing. Glad we could watch it form our driveway...very cool!!!

After this we went into the Latrobe's for a family ping pong match. Nothing like a Endeavor Party!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?