Monday, January 07, 2008

 
Happy New Year!



We had a great New Years Eve spending the day at our friends house playing Wii and visiting. I believe I was snoozing by 10:30pm. I'm not much of a partier! Scott said he watched the ball drop and saw some fireworks outside our house.

Scott's Uncle Ron was having a retirement ceremony on Friday the 4th. He was retiring from 51 years in the Air Force as a photographer. If anyone was at my wedding we were lucky enough to have him take our pictures. The ceremony was held in the Woman's Memorial building at Arlington Cemetery. I'm not one for 'knowing the who's who' from what I gathered he had a huge turn out from the Air Force. It was so wonderful hearing all the stories and great things said about a man we know as 'Uncle Ron'. We knew he was awesome, but everyone else seems to think so too! The ceremony was wonderful. That evening there was a dinner as well. Scott and I sat with one of Ron's best friends Harry and his wife Laney. We got a huge history on this area and some hilarious stories. It was a fun night. Congratulations to Uncle Ron!!!






Another bonus was having some of Scott's family from North Carolina up to attend the festivities. We were able to visit with them one night and catch up.

Jerry giving the kids a run for their money...



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?