Monday, March 19, 2007

 
Home Improvements
We've painted a few rooms in the house and I've always wanted to paint the main level. For those of you who have been in our house you can imagine the aches and pains it would take (plus the massive ladder) to paint it all. Scott said 'go for it' so I hired a wonderful paint whom my mom and Clark used a while back. Here are some of our new improvements...


Our kitchen I did by myself..props go to my friend Kara for painting the trim! I painted the room 'Cloudy Amber' and put up tile along the top of the counters plus a back splash. New curtains too!






The Sun Room got some new furniture and was painted the color of 'crocodile tears'. The family room got a few new accents and a great paint job! The main color was a 'light amber', but depending on the time of day and what area of the house your looking at it looks slightly different colors...it's quite lovely.






















The living room furniture was just moved around with some help from Karen (neighbor/friend/interior designer). She came over one day to help me with my paint color and a few hours later we had moved furniture and found things around the house I forgot I had. The next day we went shopping and filled the car with odds and ends.





Thanks to Karen for making our house more homey. To Kara for laying on her back on my kitchen floor to paint trim on those windows! To my Mom for the use of her truck and decision making. Not to mention her quick screams as she saw the mammoth box lifting off the back off her truck on the parkway while I was only going about 35mph. She quickly jumped out and bungee corded it down...sort of...I was only allowed to drive 20mph the rest of the way home. Sorry if you got stuck behind me in the left lane! Thank you Sue for helping me unload, put together and carry very heavy items (I hope your not injured)! Also if you need a great painter Marvin Martinez was the best we'd love to refer him!

Comments:
Wow! Love the improvements.
 
Yay - my first blog props! I don't know what to say... I'd like to thank my mom for teaching me how to paint... Okay, enough about me. Your home improvements make your fab house look even better - the pictures don't do it justice!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?